Friday, September 26, 2008

Where Have You Been? Welcome Back to our Blog :)

Well my friends, I realize it's been quite sometime since my last post. Hopefully you'll be pleased to know that a lot has happened since then. I guess not really a lot. Daven and I still have our same-but exciting-church callings, I'm still maintaining my post as the eternal job-seeker and we still have no cable and technically no Internet. One major change occurred...we are on our way to becoming HOME OWNERS! How cool is that?

I don't have any pictures, so for now a verbal description will have to suffice. It's a two story home with just over 2,000 Sq.Ft. It was built in 1977 and has that dark wood by the fireplace, on the stairs and beams running across a vaulted ceiling. If you can kind of think back to the Brady Bunch house you can imagine the wood. It's really not that bad, with a caramel/Khaki color paint it will really pop. It has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and a finished basement. We will have to paint and re-carpet and do a lot of minor repairs. But let me tell you; it's a steal of a deal.

I don't want to jinx it so I just want to be clear that we don't have it yet. We are going through the whole appraisal process. So keep your fingers crossed, knock on the closest hardwood object and throw some salt over your shoulder for us.

Anyway, sorry for the delay in posting. I think my sister and I have traded places because all of a sudden she's posting like a maniac and I've taken her place as the procrastinating poster.

Hopefully I'll have more to write about soon.

11 comments:

Andrea said...

YEAH! I hope it all works out. Househunting is a full time job. Job hunting is a full time job! You've been busy!

Blatter said...

That sounds so awesome! I hope it all works out!! 4 bathrooms? Now that is so great! That is too bad you haven't been able to find somewhere to work yet. What are you looking for?

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

SO excited for you! Sorry I haven't called you back, I have been SO busy! Love you!

Melissa H said...

Hi Savanna! Hope everything works out with the house. I got your email and replied, but it probably went to your junk folder. I'm going to resend my original email, so be on the lookout.

Desiree said...

I am not the sister your are referring to am I? I didn't think so.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I have totally missed you! And I think it is awesome that you are going to have a home! That is the coolest. I really hope it works out. -Sarah :) posting as my sister in law

Desiree said...

It's funny how beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You and Cheyenne have always had nicer skin, better cheekbones. I've always thought your eyes were the prettiest, although mine are the darkest. Cheyenne's eyelashes. I'll concede on the lips thing though. Just teasing... and yes "..." I couldn't remember what they were called.
Love you!

Cheyenne said...

I already said congrats, so UPDATE ALREADY!!! And yes, my eyelashes ROCK.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am so excited for you guys - life is good for the Lakes! Keep us posted on the progress - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the LOAN process - sheesh - it's a nightmare out there right now!

Let us know and send along some pics!

Matt and Maggie said...

I'll do the same! (Adding you to the blog list, I mean) Hope you didn't jinx anything with the house. :)