Saturday, October 4, 2008

Weekend of Inspiration, Reflection and Re-dedication









Wow. I can't believe how incredible General Conference has been. It's only been one session thus far, but I have such a stronger resolve to do an honest, more prayerful study of the Book of Mormon. And how about Elder Bednar? He has such a simplistic way of explaining things.

I love learning from our prophets and apostles. They truly speak the words of our Heavenly Father. What I love is when they give their own life experiences. Somehow, hearing that an Apostle of the Lord has gone through the same feelings as I have makes me more able and determined to follow the Lord.

General Conference brings with it many uplifting segments. I was so impressed with the Primary choir. I love the Primary, and there is nothing more beautiful and inspiring than listening to children sing "I am a Child of God" or "I Love to See the Temple." I've learned so much from each and everyone of my Primary kids, both in Idaho and here in Colorado. They have been my mortal angels.

I love President Monson's love for these little children. When we were living in Idaho, Daven and I had the privilege to attend the Rexburg Temple dedication--the first official act of President Monson's presidency. He spoke to the children and told his cute stories and let them place mortar in the cornerstone as he did in these most recent temple dedications.

And don't forget all of the new temples. I'm personally most excited for the Rome Temple. Did you get to hear the awes of the crowd when President Monson announced it?


Ancient Rome meets modern revelation!



4 comments:

Andrea said...

Pretty exciting news, eh? My sister served a mission in Rome and was freaking out when they announced it!

Ainsley said...

good thing i read your blog, i had no idea about the temple in rome! our internet stalled for a sec right at the last temple announcement, i remember the commotion from the crowd but thought it was a joke or something. how awesome.

Blatter said...

I know! A temple in Rome!! We are super excited!!! Guess we just might have to plan another trip there to go see it! Better yet, you guys should come with us! :)

Loved the ideas for names. Ricky is thinking about some of them, he is the tricky one you have to get them past. . . Thanks for the ideas!!

We miss you guys!

Cheyenne said...

Love your blog! I'm watching conference in installments this week. We went to the Sunday AM session at church and DVRed the rest of it. I loved the YW president's talk on virtue. Totally needed and very well said. I'm more excited about the temple in KC than I am in Rome. That area has really grown since we were little.