Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Adieu

I'm back by popular demand! It turns out I'm a horrible blogger...at least that is what it seems to be, however, I happen to have a great excuse as to why I haven't posted anything in two weeks.

Daven and I took a little road trip for a little bit of time to do a little job searching that turned into a BIG success. Daven received a great job offer with Key Equipment Finance and I have a few options under my belt as well.

Where are we going? Here's a hint...where can you find eight professional sports teams, more sunny days than Miami, Florida, a white-water rapid adventure in the middle of downtown and absolutely horrible traffic on I-25?

You guessed it--I hope :) We are headed to Denver, home of the Broncos, Rockies, Crush, Nuggets, Avalanche, Rapids, Barbarians and Mammoths (four of which I had never before heard) all within six short hours of good ole Lincoln, Ne. Which means we are now 600 times more likely to attend a Husker game over a Buffalo game...unless, of course, it's both.

We will grace the Mile High city with our presence by the end of next week, and no doubt with our mad skillz, we will bring it to even greater heights (I'm kidding, of course). Nevertheless, it's sad to think we will be leaving Rexburg behind. It is such a wonderful little town that holds all the memories of our married life thus far. It is especially sad to have to leave our fantastic ward. I cry just thinking about it. Sunday I was released as Primary President. I had been in the primary for almost a year and a half (not as president but as Nursery teacher and other callings) and even before then Daven and I always helped out when they needed us. So, really it seems like I've been in there since we've been in the ward. I had the hardest time holding back tears as I taught and interacted with our primary children for one of the last times. (I say "one of the last" because I secretly hope the new president will have me stay for our last Sunday, although I suppose it wouldn't be so bad to attend Sunday School with my husband like he's been longing for for the past few months and in Relief Society I want to sit by my friend Brittney-- who was my predecessor--in hopes she can coach me through the transition). That being said, the 51st ward kids are one of a kind. I could go through and list what each individual child has taught me, but a las...I'm running out of Kleenexes.

That's all the update I have time for at this moment. I'll try and do a better job to satisfy the needs of all my fans out there! Really, actually Desiree was the only one who pestered me for a new post. I am only assuming the rest of you felt the same.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I love your posts - I love keeping in touch this way - I am so glad to see you back online, though if you're moving it will probably be a little while again.

We just moved too - YAY!

I'm so excited about the job offer(s)....I am glad you'll be living a little closer to family now too. (although won't Brandon miss you guys!)

Congrats - and you guys take care on the move. Look forward to hearing how you like Denver - did you know we lived in Co Spgs about 4 years ago now? It's beautiful there.

Andrea said...

Congratulations! Colorado Springs is still close to us for Powell trips! Yay.

canihavethisdance said...

Congratulations on the new job and location. You will enjoy Denver. Mick grew up about 1 hour north in Longmont and has always been a Broncos fan. Your families will love having you a little closer.
Diane

Ashley Wray said...

Congrats! Denver will be great, but you will totally miss Rexburg even more after you've left! I have been checking your blog for an update and glad that you posted! Good luck with moving and I'll be looking forward to a post to update us on what's going on!

Tawna said...

That is exciting!!! Now we have an excuse to come to Denver! Congrats on the job! I'm sure that is a good feeling to know that you have a job and a way to support the fam. Hopefully your prospects will turn out as well! I've heard Colorado is beautiful! Glad you will be closer to your fam!

Seth said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting! We are just so happy for you guys! And so appreciate your time in the nursury with Benjamin. I know he loved you both. Can't wait to hear more about your new life in Denver.

Sarah said...

Yay- congrats on the jobs. Denver will be so fun. And I totally know what you mean about leaving the ward. I am still sad. And those primary kids... Thanks for telling me you were the pres. (I should have known) btw. Write it all down in your journal with a box of tissues nearby. It's too easy to forget, even if you think you won't.

Vicki said...

We're happy about the job, but have to admit we were hoping you would be closer to us! Does this mean no Lake Powell on the 4th? We were looking forward to seeing you.....

I'll bet both your parents are happy to have you closer!

As soon as the dust settles, get back and give us an update! We can't wait to hear about your new job(s)!