Friday, May 2, 2008

The Best Channel in the World

Daven and I checked out a drama series from the local library (which I would recommend if you ever have the craving to rent a movie; you would be surprised what your neighborhood library has to offer, for FREE!) It is a late 90s series called "The Pretender." I've watched about eight episodes thus far, and I am pleasantly surprised at the lack of drugs, sex and violence. Rarely do they show anyone getting shot or dying. If a character does die, we find out via a close up of the day's newspaper headlines.

I really think it could have been a bigger hit, minus the fact that the camera work occasionally looks it was done by my mom who, even though we have had a camcorder for over 10 plus years has only managed to produce about five home videos. Ultimately, what I'm trying to say is I would much rather have poor lighting, sloppy editing and amateur camera work in a show rather than one riddled with drugs, sex and violence. Fortunately Daven and I do not have access to any of today's dramas as we are poor, unemployed college graduates and cannot afford cable. However, we are happy to stick with our favorite channel: The Madison Public Library.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! It's great to hear from ya - thanks for the comments - So I see you're the ones Mindy copied from a few days back...okay then. I'll be watching you now! (WOOOO)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheyenne said...

Libraries are awesome. And "The Pretender" isn't a bad show. I never saw how the series ended, though, so if Michael finds out who he is, be sure to let me know. If we only knew growing up that The Blair Witch Project could actually make money, mom could have done awesome in Hollywood, yes?

Ashley Wray said...

I totally remember The Pretender, I'm going to have to go and see if they have that at the Burley Library! We get the basic channels, but nothing exciting, and still there is nothing to watch!

Anna said...

Hi you guys! This is Anna Cordner from the 51st ward (just in case "annabunny" doesn't ring a bell ... it's an older blog). Anyway, I stumbled upon your blog and wanted to congratulate you guys on graduation! As far as the lack of cable (which applied to us while Rexburg) we would watch tv shows online, like the Office and Ben watched Lost. It takes a little time to find the right sites but that's what we did. I don't think I'm familiar with The Pretender...

Ainsley said...

I'm so happy you have a blog! Where did daven find a job in colorado? have you found one yet?

Desiree said...

new post please!