Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Golly mama shut di de (or something like that)

So…Indiana Jones. As some of you may know, I am the biggest fan of John Williams. (Never heard of him?? Listen to JAWS, StarWars, Harry Potter and the Olympics!) It will come to no surprise when I tell you the music saved the movie. It was the only genuine bit in the whole thing. Sure we got to see Harrison’s half smile, listen to him call someone kid—albeit an illegitimate kid (yet another post)— and witness a betrayal of one of his supposed colleagues. BUT, they weren’t genuine; at least they weren’t performed genuinely.

All of the clichés of Indiana seemed a little forced in this movie, not to mention a few of the themes were a bit far fetched (i.e. Jr. the III swinging through the trees like Tarzan or a character from Rudyard’s book, I’m sorry did I come to see a Spielberg/Lucas film or a Kipling re-make?)

Anyway, it was OK and I am grateful to finally experience Indy on the big screen and of course I’m always game to listen to Johnny on surround sound. Oh, and I’m pretty sure Cate Blanchett only blinked twice in the whole movie.

5 comments:

Desiree said...

he he blinked twice :)

Whitney said...

WE MISS YOU!!!!

Ashley Wray said...

Yeah, the whole alien storyline was just a bit too much! Your hilarious, you should call up ol' Ebert or Roper (which ever one is still alive) and be their sidekick movie critic! Hope you guys are all moved in and settled!

Cheyenne said...

Stop! Put a spoiler alert on these posts!!!!!!!! The last movie I saw in the theatres was Transformers, so I'm pretty sure I won't see this one until the fall when it comes out on DVD. You should have flipped that mom off or given her a really good "I pity your children for hearing you talk this way" look. Some people have no shame.

tracyp said...

Ok Savannah...I still have not seen Indy yet but now I'm boycotting on principle. I have heard so many people give the same type of review that you have. Rather then be disappointed after spending $9 I think I'll wait until RedBox has it and just be ok with my $1 rental.