Saturday, November 8, 2008

Things that make you go hmmm...

Well...things that make me laugh really.



1) Finding fishing supplies rolling around in the dryer after laundry. I thought I didn't have to worry about checking pockets before wash until we had little ones. Apparently I was wrong.



2) Daven feeding the missionaries in my absence...poor missionaries.



3) Putting my funnels to good use, i.e. using them to change the oil.



4) Daylight Savings. Talk about a power trip. Who came up with the idea to mess with Father Time?



5) Camera operators at golf tournaments. How do they get that job anyway?

Interviewer: can you see this white circle on this plain white piece of paper?

Applicant: Yes.

Interviewer: Congratulations! You're hired.



6) Mascot identity crises... case in point Alabama, aka bama, aka Crimson tide...and what's up with the elephant?

**I actually know the history behind all of these titles seeing as how my sister, Cheyenne, used to be a Bama Belle. I still find it funny how they have so many identities. Although...at least they've had the same names throughout football history. Did you know the Huskers used to be the Bug Eaters?



7) Hockey players...have you ever seen them with their helmets off? Yeah, the helmets are for protection alright, protection for the spectators eyes! Seriously, they ALL have broken noses. And the goalie masks? I'm sure Freddie Crouger would have been much more scary sans the mask.



8) Silver Medalists...congratulations, you are the top looser. You are the #1 person who lost.



9) Jerry Seinfeld, because he did a bit on the above circumstance...sorry, that wasn't my own observation.



10) Toilet paper, paper towels and bathroom cleaning product commercials. Ever noticed how they compare them to the "leading brand" in the side-by-side screen shot? Wait a second, if they do in fact work better than the leading brand, shouldn't they be the leading brand?



11) Perscription Drug commercials. No thank you, I'll stick with the side effects of my own allergies; sneezing and a running nose. I'm not into diarreah, stomach cramps, blackouts and in some severe cases, death.

Last but not least...



12) Phone books. I swear we just got the same exact phone book a week ago.

Well, that's all I've got. If I think of anymore then I'll post it. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

You make some good points!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

You are so funny! I read your comment last night and was telling Wyatt how much I miss you and then I was reading my journal a little later and found an entry from last summer when I was first pregnant and sick and tired and i was writing about primary and the kids being somewhat rambunkcious. Then I wrote "I am so grateful for Savanna Lake, she is such a great help. She is a wonderful woman." And I still think so! You are a WONDERFUL woman! I am so glad that we are friends! I love you so much! You are the example of what we all need to be! Thanks for being you!

Cheyenne said...

But at least we only have ONE mascot...Auburn has an eagle AND a tiger...They're the Auburn Tigers, but their battle cry is War Eagle. Daven sure hangs out with stupid people ;) That was funny. I think I'll put together my own list.

Cheyenne said...

I just pulled your blog up and it was playing the national anthem...or, it should be the national anthem...Roll Tide!

dalene said...

That is so funny. I totally feel it on 1, 2 and 3. (Shane picked up Arby's for the missionaries once because the rest of us were not home.)