Friday, April 17, 2009

Creation cRaZe!

Well. I think it goes with out saying that I stink at blogging! Seems to be a common theme in my most recent posts :)


I thought I'd post some pictures of my latest creations!


THE INFAMOUS ARMADILLO CAKE


I had to make an Armadillo Groom's cake for my sister's wedding. We made it with red velvet cake just like the one in Steel Magnolias.



Teresa made the cakes the day before, because Daven and I didn't get into town until 3:00AM that morning. Then we went straight to her house and started decorating.













The finished product...What do you think?

Next is the dress...I had to make my bridesmaid dress. It turned out pretty good for the first major item I've ever sewn...




This was the only close up I had of the sleeves and it's not very good at all...for some reason we took more pictures with our phones than the camera. My oldest sister, Cheyenne, is the photographer. She made her dress too. It was a cute collared wrap-around. Those are my parents and my sister, Desiree.

Then, just last weekend Bob, Teresa and Lindsi came into town...
Bob and Daven put up drywall in the basement and Teresa and I did this...




We replaced the tile in our front entry way. It was nasty dark brown seventies tile. Pretty much we're amazing ;)



We also started reupholstering. Daven and I received my parents' old dinning room table and chairs. The vinyl was a little tattered so we fixed it! I'm thinking if we were together long enough we would quite literally take over the world.
I also received a sewing machine for an early birthday present. I've been making curtains for most all our windows...pretty exciting!
Daven and Trevor have been working on the baseboards on the main floor. They look fantastic! Daven is the ultimate handyman; he knows how to do everything. He also cleared out the yard of some over-grown bushes. Now it's ready for me to take over. I am the resident landscaper/gardener, but it's been snowing so much lately I haven't been able to really start anything.

8 comments:

KatobanBlessings said...

That a crazy cake..you guys cut through the mid section and all that blood came out..eewww!! you are such a creator, i mean a great one! Am glad you are keeping busy, thats the spirit of Ricks!!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I can't believe you did that cake! Cakes are NOT fun, or easy for me. . . so GREAT job!

Love the dress too! Great job!

We miss you too. . . there will be someday. . . and hopefully sooner than later.

Sarah said...

Oh Savanna... how I have missed you!!!! That armadillo cake is amazing. Next will be a raptor maybe? And you are incredible to make that dress. You look stunning. Oh man, I miss you. Did I already say that?

Cheyenne said...

You suck at blogging. But you rock with tile.

Brittany said...

Hey I found your blog! I am totally impressed with the cake, the dress, and the floor! Wow, that's amazing. I don't think I could make a dress like that or a cake.

Blatter said...

You guys are amazing!

Andrea said...

You guys have been working hard! I love the pictures of you and Teresa... very cute. I LOVE the armadillo cake. Impressive. And I am very impressed with the bridesmaid dress. You are a multi talented woman!

Anonymous said...

I am totally impressed with the cake, the dress, and the floor!!!!You are a multi talented woman!!!!thanks for sharing..

--
Reenee
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments