Sunday, July 27, 2008

This one goes out to the one I love...









Ahhhh...I just got off the phone with one of my friends who is currently contemplating taking that eternal step of marriage. During the course of our conversation, I was delighted to share my experience with making that all-important decision. Call me selfish, but I loved talking about how I knew Daven was--and still is--the one for me. It brought up so many emotions and I hope you'll allow me to endulge in my selfishness as I list all the things I love about my hubby...
I love (and I probably shouldn't say this--especially on the Internet) how something specific about me is always hidden in his passwords
I love how he wiggles his head under my arm if he wants a hug
I love how he gets a little half smirk on his face when he is about to pull someones leg
I love how you can hear the half smirk in his voice when he tries to pull your leg over the phone
I love how he makes tense situations light
I love how he is so detail oriented...he always thinks of the little things even in his prayers...it is sooo cute!
I love how he always thanks me for making dinner
I love how he is willing to wash the pots and pans
I love how he can never remember where he sets his phone or tv remote even though he always sets in the exact same place day after day
I love how we have the exact same tastes in movies
I love how we don't have the exact same taste in books...I could never survive reading "One Up on Wall Street" and other books of the sort
I love how he loves being in the scouts
I love how he looks on a wakeboard, skiis...water in general
I love how he never knows where to put the dish towels...I'll give you a hint Daven...they probably don't belong in the same cabinet as the appliances.
I love how he endures listening to me reading my writings/stories/blog entries to him all for the sake of editing

I love how he never knows exactly how to handle me during that time of the month
I love how he accomplishes ALL his goals
I love how he talks about his younger sisters and brother with me...he loves them so much
I love how he knows and understands--so perfectly it seems--his responsibility as a priesthood holder
I love how he is always learning
I love how he asks me to sing to him
I love how he thinks I actually have a good voice
I love how he sometimes forgets to flush and then denies it...well, OK, maybe I don't particularly love that
I love how he cares so much about the relationships he has made over the years
Most of all I love that he loves me!
















7 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

This is so cute!!!

Andrea said...

cute post...now he needs to write one about you

Steffani said...

Awwww, that's cute. What a great guy! It was great to see you!

Desiree said...

TMI! :)

j/k super cute of course. Just like you guys. I always say you're the GQ couple. The members of our family most likely to appear in some kind of high fashion magazine :) You're kids are going to so cute people are going to doubt their human-ness (ha! made up a word!) and probably think they are androids or something.
lub lub lub lub lub

Cheyenne said...

Everyone deserves a husband who smirks!

Jess & Ian said...

Thanks for the idea. It gave me something to do for Ian while I'm in NE. I think it's cute how you two are so right for each other, you're like the cutest couple ever.